Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Prepare for glory


I had the opportunity last night to see an advanced screening for 300. Now I normally hate adaptations with a hot and fiery passion as most of them take a giant shit on the source material and find new and interesting ways to suck besides. I went in hoping for the best but expecting the worst. My hope was fulfilled.

This movie is amazing. Flat out, full tilt, I want it to bend me over and ride me hard amazing. I don't have a bad word to say about it. Not one. For me this is an event.

Obviously you shouldn't try to use it as a history lesson. Using movies for that at all is idiotic to say the least. This is the battle of Thermopylae funneled through Herodotus by way of a fever dream. If you are a fan of Frank Miller, go see it. If you are a fan of movies, go see it. Hell, if you are a fan of anything remotely entertaining, go see it and if you hate everything then go see it anyway because you will finally have something to not hate.

If you watch this movie and don't wish that you could have died there with those men then you are not alive.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I got something awesome in the mail yesterday.

Wanna do it Spartan style?

Unknown said...

Rough, bloody and to the death? Is there some other way to do it?

Tim said...

If there is, I want nothing to do with it.