Monday, August 20, 2007

I am Leechor, Evil Master of Power Suction

1. Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favorite song, or your favorite kind of sandwich, maybe your favorite game. Any remark, meaningless or not.

2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.

3. Update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.

5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.

Questions by Damo/CS/I don't update my blog or sign into ICQ anything like often enough.

1. What's your full name, and is there a story behind any of the names you were given?

Brace yourself for mediocrity:

Earl Stephen Collins. My first name came from my father. He hated it and didn't want me named after him but my mother was adamant (re: wouldn't shut up about it) so he agreed to name me that on the condition that they then pick a middle name for me (he had none) which would be what everyone called me with no exceptions. He did not tolerate people calling me by my first name. When translated, my name means something like Crowned warrior prince. I dig it. Except for the part where the name that everyone calls me is from a guy that was killed for his beliefs. Perhaps not the best way to pick a name for a child.

2. What are your favourite homemade and take-away foods, and how long have you loved each?

Homemade is far and away Mom's chicken and dumplings. I would kill a man that got between me and the kitchen when she makes it. Take-away I'm going to have to say steamed Maryland blue crabs (it counts as take-away says I). If you get them from the right place then you will know what love tastes like. Ask anyone that's tried them.

I have loved each since the first time I tasted them. Just like your sister. I'm kidding! Jeez, you touchy bitches..

3. Desert island jukebox: You're sent on a retreat to a body of sand in the middle of nowhere with two palm trees and a hammock; what CDs did you pack (your wallet holds... let's say... ten)?

I object to this question on the grounds that is is cruel and unusual!

*shakes fist*

I'm going to assume that I'm not going to be stranded there forever but only for an extended period but still, ridiculously hard question. Do I pack music to fit the locale or do I just take my favorites? Do I try to offset the locale in some way? AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

OK, in no particular order and I'm not going to explain why, here goes:

1. The soundtrack from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
2. Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won, Disc 1
3. Nude on the Moon - The B-52's Anthology, Disc 2
4. Faith No More - Either The Real Thing or Angel Dust. I'll flip a coin when it's time to go and choose then.
5. Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
6. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
7. Alice in Chains - Dirt
8. Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
9. Thelonius Monk with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall
10. Depending on my mood, a really great Elvis or Beatles collection/best of/whatever.

4. What's your biggest achievement / proudest moment? Why? (if you can't come up with one, the question is "Why do you suck?")

I'm going to blow smoke up my own ass now and say that my biggest achievement is either reading my first novel at age three or first testing on a college level in sixth grade. I really am as smart as I say I am. Suck it.

5. Why oh why did you quit smoking?

You see even though I am ridiculously smart I am also capable of insane depths of stupidity. Case in point. I realized that smoking made me more relaxed and that I genuinely enjoyed it so of course I had to stop doing it and then go through the hell of withdraw followed by 2 and a half years (and counting) of almost never ending cravings. It's a wonderful display of exactly how much I hate myself really and thanks ever so much for reminding me.

Bitch.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Quizam! I like that.

And hey, I told you to replace the smoking question with an explanation of your last blog entry... dish, mofo.

Oh, by the way, this is the random comment that gets me five shiny new questions. Try and be more creative than I was (though I did love your answer to essentially "What ten albums do you like?")

JMac said...

uh...i didn't even read the answers to these because I'm pretty sure I left you questions FIRST!!!

::P.O.'d::

(okay im going to read them now. but im still pissed.curiosity killed the pissy cat.)

Unknown said...

Where did ye leave questions for me?

Unknown said...

DAMO! Here be some things for the answer...ing...of...stuff...

1. Briefly, but not too briefly, tell me why I am awesome.

2. What is something about you that I don't know and would never guess?

3. If you could take over the life of any person currently living on earth for as long as you wanted who would it be, why and for how long?

4. What do you want your last spoken words to be?

5. What's the perviest thing you've ever done (did anyone really think I was going to get through five questions and not drag it into the gutter? really?)?

JMac said...

i left them in the comments section of my original post. same place i left them for damian...and he answered them!


poopy head.


oh boy...sometimes the 5 year old inside sticks her head out and I just can't control it. oops.

JMac said...

(here is my random comment anyway)

the clouds will part
and the sky cracks open
then god himself will reach
his fuckin arm through
just to push you down
just to hold you down

VikingLady said...

that's a good album list.

Larriken said...

Okay, Coyote, you wanted to know what my favourite sammich is. Well, I ain't gonna tell you. It's not interesting enough. My daughter, the pickiest eater on the planet, has a much more bizarre choice: Ham and green banana on light toast with mayonnaise. And by light toast I mean stone cold white bread.

Bring on the q's!

Unknown said...

Since Damo has disregarded my questions, I pass them on to you more eager people to answer. I was going to plunder my list of questions for my long survey thingy but I want that to be a whole other thing.

Now then, answer my questions!

Anonymous said...

Disregarded? I think not! I've totally... regarded them!

I was waiting for Inga and fett to drop some hot shit questions for me to roll them all up and throw 'em down in one big post, but nooo... let down!

Incidentally, how's that long survey thing coming along? I totally ripped off the Qs I was going to contribute to that on one or two of the five a piece I compiled for everyone else... maybe you can use 'em anyway.

JMac said...

i'm disappointed for two reasons.

1) You still have not referred back to my original post where I posted questions for you to answer. I guess I'm going to have to hop over there and post them for you here, you lazy bum.

2) I don't want hand me down questions. But if that's all I'm gonna get, it's what I'll take. Such a pain in the ass I am, eh?

Tim said...

I'm hopelessly addicted to internet memes, so consider this my application to questioning, sir.

Anonymous said...

Harsh burn on electrogirl (pretty funny though)... I just read Inga and fett's Qs, so I'll answer yours with theirs tonight, NO ONE ELSE TAKE THEM THEY'RE MINE!

JMac said...

alright alright...I'm not answering Damians questions per his request. Again now, I have nothing.

I am so much more sad over this than I should be.

JMac said...

Here are your questions. That I left for you like, weeks ago. enjoy!!!

1) I've just given you a cocktail that will stop your heart after 48 hours and there is no cure. How will you spend these 48 hours?

2) What is your idea of a perfect world?

3) I give you 10 Million dollars but with these terms: You must move out of the country and you must leave alone and tell no one where you are going. Give your reasons on why or why you would not take me up on the offer.

4) If you could live as a character from any movie, which would it be?

5) What is one thing most people don't know about you?

Grimmstail said...

I like to add comments to really old threads and then wonder if anyone reads them. But then I forget to go checking myself...

Grimmstail said...

Apparently not. How very sad.

Unknown said...

Oh I check, mister. I check and read. Check, read and respond. Check, read, respond and...something else. I forget.