Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So far, so...meh?

People love the new year. It's like a fresh sheet of paper that you can do anything on. Lots of possibilities. Hell, you can even fold it into a pirate hat and sail the seas for booty. It took a grand total of two and a half hours for last year to let me know how it was going to go for me. So far this year my head hasn't exploded and I still have all my limbs and it's almost dinner time so I guess that's a better start. We'll see.

Last year, for the most part, was pretty shitty as years go and considering some of the years I've had that's saying something. A lot of my family and friends also had heinous shit befall them. Business as usual. May we all (and by we all I of course mean those I care for) have much, much, MUCH better years this years and every year to follow. Gods know we deserve a change in that area.

Anyway, most people have resolutions and I'm going to make some up for me now:

I resolve to try to keep this year automotive mishap free. Running down a pedestrian, a massive accident and a big ass ticket with accompanying fines from last year make me really want this one to pan out.

I resolve to try very hard to fall down less.

I resolve to continue avoiding fast food. That shit is nasty.

I resolve to try to keep my hatred of myself from interfering with my schedule of hating other people.

I resolve to not start a heroin habit.

I resolve to do a second draft of OoO. (Mostly because Taco will hurt me if I don't.)

And finally I resolve to maintain the level of awesome to which you all have become accustomed and if possible to exceed it.

3 comments:

fett said...

That second draft better be forthcoming, or Taco isn't the only one who will hurt you.

Tim said...

I agree with Fett, so now you have a triumvirate of people willing to do you bodily harm if no second draft comes to light.

Unknown said...

Bodily harm will only arouse me. Beware.