Monday, June 23, 2008

All you need in life is a little place for your stuff.

I woke up this morning and the first thing that greeted me was news that George Carlin had died. What can you say about ol' George that hasn't been said already? Not much. All I can really say is that he was and will ever be my favorite comic ever. The very first time I ever heard him he made me laugh so hard that I stopped breathing. Literally. Over the course of many years I watched many HBO specials and listened to many albums and read his three books and he never failed to make me laugh and think.

Rest in peace, George. There will never be another like you.

3 comments:

suyapi said...

First comedy album I ever bought. R.I.P.

The Taco Prophet said...

Ah, George.

"Being Irish, I guess I should resent the Notre Dame nickname, 'The Fighting Irish.' After all, how long do you think nicknames like 'The Bargaining Jews' or 'The Murdering Italians' would last? Only the ironic Irish could be so naively honest. I get the feeling that Notre Dame came real close to naming itself 'The Fuckin' Drunken, Thick-skulled, Brawling, Short-dicked Irish.'"

Rest in peace, you hilarious bastard.

fett said...

I remember one time I was over at my sisters place for some party and a Carlin HBO special was playing, just sort of in the background. Well, we all ended up watching it. My sister kept getting more and more offended, while I kept laughing my ass off. And that is why I'm better than my sister.