Monday, November 22, 2010

Memory is a silly bitch

So I was at work and got a form to fill out from the company.  They want permission to access my driving record in case they decide to give me company car or something in the next year.  Make sure I don't have 17 DUI's or that my license isn't suspended for being involved in a bunch of hit and runs or whatever.  Not exceedingly likely but I'll play along just in case.  I get to the section that requires taking info from the license itself to I take it out.  License number.  Blah blah blah.  License expires on...shit.  Expired on my birthday.

Which was, let's see, oh that's right, ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO.

Luckily my boss is pretty cool and thinks I'm awesome so he shoves me out the door to go do it in the middle of the work day.  Have I mentioned I hate the MVA?  Because I do.  What with the metal benches and understaffing and taking 2 hours to do something that actually takes 15 minutes and having to be surrounded by lots of people who are ALWAYS way creepy.  Is it that most people are way creepy or is it just at the MVA?  The ratio of creepy people to normal people seems to be quite pronounced there.  Anyway, I get it sorted out, pay my money and rocket back to work.

Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else?  Ever?

2 comments:

parena said...

No, you are The Only One whom this happens to. Trust me. Also, I think everyone thinks "most of the other people are creepy over there." Which now gives you the right to punch the first person looking at you funny, for insulting you.

The Taco Prophet said...

Depends on where you fall on the CreepyCurve. If you're seeing a fairly even mix of Normals and Creepies, you're splat in the middle. If you're only seeing Normals... I've got some bad news.