Tuesday, October 19, 2010

If nothing else, me and Taco will definitely survive

Like most mornings, I stopped for a cup of coffee on the way to work.  I have a small (re: huge) caffeine addiction I need to feed pretty much all day everyday.  I don't know whether to quit caffeine right away since it almost got me killed or thank it for helping warn me about the end of the world.  I could go either way.

As I'm getting back into my vehicle with my cup o' love I hear a noise.  I look around and see him.  It.  Patient Zero in all his Romero-esque glory.  A fucking zombie.  Shuffling toward me, hands raised, mouth agape and ready to bite, he came.  I quickly remembered my rules and having no proper weapon with which to dispatch the walking dead I hustled into the safety of my vehicle, just in the nick of time mind you, and sped off.  

It was a close call but there's no time to feel good about my escape.  The end is well and truly fucking nigh.  Don't bother repenting, get armed and prepare for the war.

Of course it might have just been a mentally off homeless dude but why take chances?  I'll find out tomorrow when I stop for more java.  With a couple of dead blow hammers.  


2 comments:

The Taco Prophet said...

Dude. Don't fucking go back there. Other places have coffee. Which you need to fucking hoard now, because we need to hole up in the compound now, and we'll need caffeine to get us through until the coffee bean crop comes in.

parena said...

Reading that twice convinces me: lay off the caffeine.

Sure, it'll probably hit you with a huge headache for a day or two, but if that stops the walking dead from smelling you, it's worth it.