Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ever have one of those days?

I don't. It implies that there are other kinds of days to have. Anyway, here's how my last two days have gone:

Tuesday I suffered possibly the worst allergy attack of my life. My sinuses punished me. They kicked my ass. Literally they crawled out of my head and put the boots to me. The inside of my head is still raw. I sneezed so much and so hard that I was dizzy and lightheaded for most of the day. At one point I wanted to rip my nose off of my head because that would have been more pleasant than what I was going through. I didn't sleep last night because I couldn't breathe and finally got up groggy and absolutely miserable. Off to work I go.

My sinuses loosen up for the most part today and I'm breathing better and hardly sneezing at all. The rawness wasn't nice but hey, it's better than the alternative right? Anyway, sometimes in the course of my job I have to go to one of our other offices and do this or that (OK I find work in general and my work in particular extremely boring so I'm not going to bore myself or you with the details) so I'm on my way back to my office where I'm hoping to sit at my desk for the rest of the day and decompress from yesterday.

Yeah. That was going to happen.

On the way back I was involved in an accident. Three vehicles involved, two of them totaled and hauled off on a wrecker. Four people involved and three of them taken away in ambulances (I hope those ladies are OK. Seriously). A manager came to the accident site (company policy) and I was driven back to my office then immediately taken for a breathalyzer and drug test (also company policy. No worries, I'm clean) and then returned to my office. All that took about 4 hours and I came home shortly thereafter.

So, how was your day?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhh, well, my last couple of days have been pretty uninteresting. Just going to uni, doing homework... that's about it.

Glad you're ok. Well, glad you weren't taken away in an ambulance at least.

I take it your gigantic Jeep saved you from much harm?

Anonymous said...

How was my day? No fair, you got to talk about two days... granted today has pretty much been an exact replica of yesterday.

I mean, I woke up at 11. I had a cheeseburger for breakfast. I went over to my cousin's house, listening to Justice's album which finally downloaded overnight, and had a marathon session of The Office (The US one... he hadn't seen Season 3 yet) and then I came back home to log on to work, because I'm on the night shift. Already an hour+ on the shift and still no calls. I'm now having an Arrested Development and scotch drinking marathon. It's been a great couple of days, man!

Sorry yours sucked so bad, though.

:(

Unknown said...

You people and your not full of suck days. How boring. Luckily (ha!) I have a company vehicle that I use to shuttle my lazy ass back and forth when I have to go here or there so my personal car wasn't involved.

Today I had to put up with every single person that saw me commenting about it. How many times can you be called Crash before it's OK to start the stabbing?

Anonymous said...

I don't know, dude... "Crash" is a much cooler name than "Stab"... still, "Chainsaw" is better still, so maybe you should go for gold?

The Taco Prophet said...

Whenever someone calls you Crash, you're allowed to demonstrate how you got your name by running them down with your vehicle. Check it out, it's in the books.