Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm shakin' it, boss

I've just heard that Paul Newman has died. I hope I don't need to go on at length about why this is a tragedy of monumental proportion. Butch Cassidy has ridden into the sunset. Eddie Felson has hustled his last. Reggie Dunlop will goon no more. Luke has finally stopped shaking the world.

A true Hollywood giant, the likes of which they can't make more of, has fallen and the world is a little dimmer today as a result. Even taking away all that he gave to movie lovers, his philanthropy alone would be enough to mourn his passing. Last I heard he'd pulled together in excess of 200 million dollars worth of charitable contributions. Wrap your mind around that.

Rest in peace Mr. Newman. There will never be another like you.

1 comment:

The Taco Prophet said...

You didn't mention his delicious salad dressings. You're dead to me.

Dead to me!